Hi there! This Privacy Notice explains how your information may be obtained and used at Isabella Brown Nutrition. Isabella Brown Nutrition uses services provided by Automattic, including: WordPress.com and Jetpack (including WooCommerce Services).
Information We Collect About Visitors to Our Users’ Sites
Automattic collects information about visitors at Isabella Brown Nutrition in a few different ways– certain information that the visitors provide to Isabella Brown Nutrition, some information automatically, and any information that Isabella Brown Nutrition provides to Automattic about our visitors.
Information a Visitor Provides Isabella Brown Nutrition
We’ll start with information that visitors provide directly to Isabella Brown Nutrition, which primarily happens when visitors type into a text field like a comment field, contact form, or a sign-up form.
Here are the most common ways in which a visitor directly provides information to Isabella Brown Nutrition:
- Follower and Subscriber Information: When a visitor signs up to follow or subscribe to Isabella Brown Nutrition using Jetpack or WordPress.com, Automattic collects the sign-up information requested by Isabella Brown Nutrition, which typically includes an email address.
- Site Comments: When a visitor leaves a comment on Isabella Brown Nutrition, Automattic collects that comment, and other information that the visitor provides along with the comment, such as the visitor’s name and email address.
- Order and Shipment Information: If a visitor orders something (hooray!) from using Automattic’s store and ecommerce features, Isabella Brown Nutrition and Automattic may collect information to process that order, such as credit card and billing information, and an address for shipping the package along to the recipient and calculating applicable taxes. Automattic may also use this information for other purposes on behalf of Isabella Brown Nutrition–for example, to send marketing and other communications from Isabella Brown Nutrition to our customers, and to provide Isabella Brown Nutrition with analytics information about our ecommerce site (e.g., the number of orders from particular geographic areas).
- Other Information Entered on the Site: We may also collect other information that a visitor enters on the Site–such as a contact form submission, a search query, or Site registration.
Information Automatically Collected from Isabella Brown Nutrition
Automattic also automatically collect some information about visitors to Isabella Brown Nutrition. The information Automattic automatically may collect includes:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: Automattic collects the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to Isabella Brown Nutrition, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Visitor Interactions: Automattic collects information about a visitor’s interactions with a Isabella Brown Nutrition, including the “likes” and “ratings” left by visitors to Isabella Brown Nutrition using WordPress.com or Jetpack.
- Location Information: Automattic may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. Automattic collects and use this information to, for example, to tally how many people visit Isabella Brown Nutrition from certain geographic regions. If you’d like, you can read more about Automattic’s Site Stats feature for WordPress.com sites and Jetpack sites.
- Jetpack Site Activity: Automattic collects visitor activities related to the management of Isabella Brown Nutrition, such as login attempts/actions and comment submission and management actions. For more information, please see the Jetpack Privacy Center.
Other Information Provided
Automattic also collects any other information that Isabella Brown Nutrition provides about visitors. For example, Isabella Brown Nutrition may upload a directory or other information about site visitors and customers to the “backend” administrative platform for managing Isabella Brown Nutrition.
How Visitor Information is Used
Automattic uses information about Isabella Brown Nutrition visitors in order to provide services. Isabella Brown Nutrition may use that information to create and manage our site, sell products and services on our site, flag and fight comments from spammers, and collect information through polls, quizzes, and other surveys.
How Visitor Information Is Shared
Automattic may share information collected about Isabella Brown Nutrition visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: Automattic may disclose Isabella Brown Nutrition visitor information to their subsidiaries, employees, and individuals who are Automattic’s independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help Automattic provide services to Users and their Sites, or to process the information on Automattic’s behalf. Automattic requires their subsidiaries, employees, and independent contractors to follow this Privacy Notice for information about visitors that they share with them.
- Third Party Vendors: Automattic may share Isabella Brown Nutrition visitor information with third party vendors who need to know this information in order to provide their services to Automattic. This group includes vendors that help provide services to their Automattic’s users and their sites. Automattic requires vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- Legal Requests: Automattic may disclose Site visitor information in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how Automattic responds to requests for information, please see their Legal Guidelines.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: Automattic may disclose Site visitor information when they believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Automattic, their Users, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if Automattic has a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, they may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, or in the unlikely event that Automattic goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, Site visitor information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to Site visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.
- Information Shared Publicly: Information that visitors choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. That means, of course, that information like visitor comments and “likes” are all available to others, including information about the visitor that is displayed in connection with a comment or “like” (such as a visitor’s WordPress.com username and Gravatar). Automattic provides a “firehose” stream of public data (including comments) from Sites to provide that data to firehose subscribers, who may view and analyze the content, but do not have rights to re-publish it publicly. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
How Long Visitor Information is Kept
If Automattic is not legally required to keep it, they generally discard information about Site visitors when no longer needed for the purposes for which they collect and use it on behalf of their users — those purposes which are described in the “How We Use Visitor Information” section above.
For example, Automattic keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor to one of their user’s Sites — such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system — for approximately 30 days. They retain the logs for this period of time in order to, among other things, investigate issues if something goes wrong on a user’s Site.
As another example, when a Site visitor views Isabella Brown Nutrition Automattic uses their IP address in order to update Isabella Brown Nutrition Site Stats with information about their visit, like what country they are in. Automattic keeps that IP address for approximately 30 days to give time to calculate Isabella Brown Nutrition’s monthly Site Stats and address any issues with those counts.