Shopping for Wellness – Dietetic Intern
The Texas A&M Dietetic Internship Program partnered with Baylor Scott & White Hospital to provide nutrition and health advice to shoppers at the local grocery store.
Systematic Review – Dietetic Intern
I worked alongside three other dietetic interns to conduct a systematic review on Intuitive Eating and its impact on different health outcomes. We presented our systematic review to groups of Registered Dietitians and at the Texas Academy of Nutrition Conference.
Cal Poly International Center – Student Assistant
- Created events and programs, within an allotted budget, for Cal Poly’s international students
- Organized a weekly international coffee and tea time to encourage cross-cultural communication among domestic and international students
- Collaborated with other Cal Poly cultural clubs
- Responded to Cal Poly International Center’s emails in a timely manner
- Secured donations for Cal Poly’s International Center’s programs and events
- Trained volunteers to welcome international students to campus
Food $ense – Intern
- Created budget-friendly recipes to be featured in a monthly newsletter
- Represented the company at local farmers’ markets by showcasing inexpensive recipes and informing the community about classes focused on eating healthy on a budget
- Taught nutrition classes at South Franklin Community Center, a center than provides access to programs that promote individual growth and achievement, whose major target population is children from low-income families
- Worked on a team to create an event promoting sustainable food choices in Provo, Utah