The creaminess in this potato salad comes entirely from greek yogurt and olive oil, making it a more heart healthy option. Completely mayo-free! If you’re not sold on the idea of eliminating mayo from your potato salad, try substituting half of the mayo with greek yogurt. Pair it with a fruit salad, grilled meat and vegetables for a balanced meal!
Mayo- Free, Greek Yogurt Potato Salad
Isabella Brown, RD, LD
Servings : 5 | Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 2-3 Potatoes, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 Lemon, Juiced
- 1/2 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2-3 Stalks of Green Onion, Diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dill
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Wash and scrub potatoes. Chop potatoes into medium sized chunks.
- Transfer potatoes to a large saucepan. Cover potatoes with water. Add salt to the pot. Bring water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once water is boiling adjust heat so that the water is simmering. Continue to simmer until potatoes are tender, ~9 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain and lightly rinse under cold water.
- Transfer potatoes to a large bowl.
- Whisk yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, olive oil, and pepper together. Add mixture to potatoes and lightly toss.
- Stir in onions and dill. Seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Place potato salad in the fridge until read to serve.
Did you make this recipe? Tag me on Instagram @isabellabrownnutrition
All items were purchase at Walmart Grocery Store in St. Robert, MO. All Prices listed were reported on 6/27/2020.
Grocery Store Bill:
- 3 potatoes = $1.09
- 32 oz Greek Yogurt = $3.47
- 1 Lemon =$0.54
- 32 oz White Wine Vinegar = $1.27
- 20 oz Mustard = $1.00
- 17 oz Olive Oil =$2.52
- 1 Bunch Green Onions = $0.78
- 0.6 oz Dried Dill = $1.98
Total Bill = $12.65
Price of Ingredients Used:
- 3 Potatoes =$1.09
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt =$0.46
- 1/2 Lemon= $0.54
- 1/2 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar=$0.01
- 2 Teaspoon Mustard = $0.01
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil = $0.08
- 2 Stalks of Green Onion = $0.25
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dill =$0.20
Cost for Full Recipe = $2.64
Price Per Serving = $0.52